2013 Fortnightly 40 Report
Our closely watched annual ranking of the top-performing companies reveals substantial changes in the industry, with gas prices weighing on some companies and elevating others. The 2013 Fortnightly 40 report features:
- Fortnightly's analysis of trends and factors affecting utility financial performance.
- Full ranking data for the Fortnightly 40 companies, showing performance and relative ranks across a range of four-year financial metrics, including sustainable growth, ROE and ROA, free cash flow, dividend yield, and profit margin.
- Eight-year ranking and rise-and-fall history for this year's F40 companies.
- Seven-year capex trend analysis and aggregate capex data for the industry and the F40 companies, plus capex data for the biggest spenders.
- Seven-year trend analyses for industry and F40 ROA vs. electricity sales; and ROE vs. share prices.
- Share value trend charts for the industry and F40 companies vs. major indices.
- Regulated vs. unregulated revenue analysis for the top and bottom ranks in the F40.
- Q&A interviews with executives at Cleco, NorthWestern Energy, OGE Energy, and Wisconsin Energy.