To the Editor:
In “Rate-Base Cleansings: Rolling Over Ratepayers” (November 2005, p.58), Michael Majoros urges state public utility commissions to recognize a refundable regulatory...
Whether advanced metering and dynamic pricing are the chicken or the egg, respectively, state regulators need to move directly to preparing a meal for general customer consumption.
- Steven Braithwait and Ahmad Faruqui, "Demand Response-The Forgotten Solution to California's Energy Crisis," EPRI, February 1, 2001.
- This functionality is specified in pending federal legislation.
- McKinsey & Company, "The Benefits of Demand-Side Management and Dynamic Pricing," May 2001.
- Penny Gullekson, Puget Sound Energy, reported at California Energy Commission Demand Response Workshop, March 15, 2002.
- Arthur Andersen, "Cost Impact of Competitive and Network Metering in New York State-Final Report," for New York Department of Public Service, November 1998
- Order Instituting Rulemaking, Docket # 02-06-001, California Public Utilities Commission, June 6, 2002.
- Order Instituting Informational and Rulemaking Proceeding, Docket # 02-DemandResponse-01, California Energy Commission, July 17, 2002.
- Power Perceptions, August 2000.
- Bay Area Economic Forum, "The Bay Area-A Knowledge Economy Needs Power," April 2001.
Articles found on this page are available to Internet subscribers only. For more information about obtaining a username and password, please call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-368-5001.