Hollywood and the media are way ahead of the politicians when it comes to the greenhouse effect and global warming. But even as utilities try to be good corporate citizens and help devise a...
The recently reported that insurance provider Swiss Re is considering denying coverage, starting with directors-and-officers liability policies, to companies it decides aren't doing enough to reduce their output o greenhouse gases. Directors-and-officers liability coverage protects a company's directors and named officers from personal liability from lawsuits alleging they mismanaged the company's affairs. At press time, Swiss Re reported it would mail out questionnaires in the next few weeks in which it would ask the buyers of directors-and-officers insurance what they are doing to prepare for imminent government restrictions on greenhouse-gas emissions. Intrigued, crafted some questions to help the industry prepare for what no doubt will be a grueling questionnaire by Swiss Re that will try to exploit even the smallest details of energy executives' lives.
- Do you own a copy of the movie ?
- Have you ever been photographed with Al Gore?
- Do you like to barbecue with charcoal briquettes or natural gas?
- Do you brag about how few miles to the gallon your sports utility vehicle gets?
- Would you rather vacation in Kyoto, Japan, or Allentown, PA?
- Do you support the president's Clean Coal Initiative?
- Do you consider China's and India's greenhouse gas emission levels to be minor?
- In , Don Quixote fights windmills. Do you have any angry feelings toward windmills?
- Do you like to put so many Christmas lights on your house that it can be seen from orbiting satellites above?
- When you hear the words scrubs, do you think of the TV show or the Ohio Valley Power Plants?