The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission appointed Bud Earley policy advisor on electric matters. Earley most recently served as director of the electric policy division of the FERC's Office of...
Reversing the Gas Crisis: The Methane Hydrate Solution
Commercialization of methane recovery from coastal deposits of methane hydrates could head off an impending gas shortage.
- pp. 1-12 (Dec. 31, 2002).
- Henry R. Linden, "Rising expectations of ultimate oil, gas recovery to have critical impact on energy, environmental policy - Part I," , Vol. 102, No. 3, pp. 18-28 (Jan. 19, 2004).
- , Electric Power Research Institute, Palo Alto, CA, and U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Fossil Energy, Germantown, MD and NETL, Pittsburgh, Pa., Interim Report, Document No. 1000316, December 2000.
- Henry R. Linden, "Bridging the Carbon Gap: Fossil Fuel Use for the 21st Century," , Vol. 140, No. 21, Nov. 15, 2002, pp. 32-41.
- Barbara Shook, "Dream of Gas Displacing Coal Proves Fleeting," , Vol. 20, No. 37, p. 8 (Sept. 13, 2004).
- Suzanna Strangmeir, "Industry Debates Best Use of Coal Gasification Technology," , Vol. 20, No. 31, pp. 1, 18, 19 (Sept. 6, 2004).
- Wilford G. Bair, "IGT - The First 50 Years 1941-1991, A History of the Institute of Gas Technology," Chicago, Illinois, 1991 (since 2000 merged into Gas Technology Institute, Des Plaines, Illinois).
- Alex V. Milkov, et al., "Gas Hydrates at Minimum Stability Water Depths in the Gulf of Mexico: Significance to Geohazard Assessment," Gulf Coast Association of Geological Societies Transactions, Vol. L, pp. 217-224 (2000).
- Iraj Salehi, "Natural Gas Hydrates, Resource of The Future," TIPRO Mid-Winter Policy Meeting, Jan. 13 and 14, 2003, Austin, Texas.
- Jeff Johnson, "Coal-Fired Power Generation May Get Cleaner," , Vol. 82, No. 38, pp. 36-37 (Sept. 20, 2004).