The states are getting into the act on greenhouse emissions, and the power industry is getting more proactive. What policy measures are...
Reversing the Gas Crisis: The Methane Hydrate Solution
Commercialization of methane recovery from coastal deposits of methane hydrates could head off an impending gas shortage.
- pp. 1-12 (Dec. 31, 2002).
- Henry R. Linden, "Rising expectations of ultimate oil, gas recovery to have critical impact on energy, environmental policy - Part I," , Vol. 102, No. 3, pp. 18-28 (Jan. 19, 2004).
- , Electric Power Research Institute, Palo Alto, CA, and U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Fossil Energy, Germantown, MD and NETL, Pittsburgh, Pa., Interim Report, Document No. 1000316, December 2000.
- Henry R. Linden, "Bridging the Carbon Gap: Fossil Fuel Use for the 21st Century," , Vol. 140, No. 21, Nov. 15, 2002, pp. 32-41.
- Barbara Shook, "Dream of Gas Displacing Coal Proves Fleeting," , Vol. 20, No. 37, p. 8 (Sept. 13, 2004).
- Suzanna Strangmeir, "Industry Debates Best Use of Coal Gasification Technology," , Vol. 20, No. 31, pp. 1, 18, 19 (Sept. 6, 2004).
- Wilford G. Bair, "IGT - The First 50 Years 1941-1991, A History of the Institute of Gas Technology," Chicago, Illinois, 1991 (since 2000 merged into Gas Technology Institute, Des Plaines, Illinois).
- Alex V. Milkov, et al., "Gas Hydrates at Minimum Stability Water Depths in the Gulf of Mexico: Significance to Geohazard Assessment," Gulf Coast Association of Geological Societies Transactions, Vol. L, pp. 217-224 (2000).
- Iraj Salehi, "Natural Gas Hydrates, Resource of The Future," TIPRO Mid-Winter Policy Meeting, Jan. 13 and 14, 2003, Austin, Texas.
- Jeff Johnson, "Coal-Fired Power Generation May Get Cleaner," , Vol. 82, No. 38, pp. 36-37 (Sept. 20, 2004).