Investor-owned utilities might seem fairly robust, but they’re not impervious to unpredictable black-swan events. Ensuring the industry’s survival might depend on our ability to reduce our...
PUHCA Debate - Again
The SEC denies approval of the AEP/CSW merger. What will that mean for industry consolidation?
mystique surrounding the 70-year-old law. It should allow for:
1. Competitive electricity markets;
2. Better flow of energy-more efficient use of limited energy resources;
3. Lower consumer prices as a result of more efficient markets;
4. Improved capital attraction and lower cost to consumers;
5. Utilities as an investment vehicle for Social Security reform (returning utilities to the safe-haven status they traditionally enjoyed); and
6. Enhanced national security.