Utilities are using automation and back-office systems to improve their performance on outage management and service restoration. The next generation of smart-grid technologies promises a...
A decision-maker’s checklist provide a starting point—but not an end-point.
operations to be more interoperable are significant, the multi-dimensional benefits far outweigh the costs. The interoperability checklist is a simple tool that will help utility and regulatory decision-makers identify and advance this transformation.
1. Dingell, Congressman John D., “Statement to the Subcommittee on Energy and Air Quality Hearing Entitled, ‘Facilitating the Transition to a Smart Electric Grid,’” (May 3, 2007).
2. EICTA, “EICTA Interoperability White Paper,” 2005.
3. EICTA, “EICTA White Paper on Standardisation and Interoperability (November 2006).
4. EnerNex Corporation, “Advanced Metering and Demand Responsive Infrastructure: A Summary of the PIER/CEC Reference Design, Related Research and Key Findings,” Draft Report prepared for the California Energy Commission, (June 1, 2005).
5. GridWise Architecture Council Web site, http://www.gridwiseac.org/.
6. GridWise Architecture Council Interoperability Constitution White Paper (November 2005).
7. GridWise Architecture Council, Interoperability Path Forward White Paper (November 2005).
9. Zibelman, Audrey, Testimony to U.S. House of Representatives, Committee on Energy and Commerce, Subcommittee on Energy and Air Quality, “Facilitating the Transition to a Smart Electric Grid,” (May 3, 2007).