In terms of the political calculus, GHG regulation faces an uncertain future, at least into 2013. And as a flood of cheap gas erodes the perception of an impending environmental crisis,...
Energy Technology: Cultivating Clean Tech
New Models for Energy RD&D: A new ‘Clean Energy Institute’ could lead the industry’s war on climate change.
1. Lawrence J. Makovich, “Powering our Low Carbon Future,” Department of Commerce Seminar, Washington DC., February 2008.
2. David K. Garman, “Toward a New Model for Large Scale Energy Technology,” privately circulated discussion paper, Decker, Garman, Sullivan and Associates, LLC, Alexandria, VA, February, 2008.
3. Business Roundtable, “ More Diverse, More Domestic, More Efficient. A Vision for America’s Energy Future ,” Washington D.C., June 2007.
4. John W. Rowe, “ America’s Energy Future: Carbon, Competition and Kilowatts ,” Brookings Institution, Washington, D.C., Feb. 12, 2008.
5. Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI), “ Pathways to Sustainable Power in a Carbon-Constrained Future ,” EPRI Journal, Palo Alto, CA, Fall 2007.
6. EPRI Annual Report, 2006 http://my.epri.com/.
7. William M. Burnett, Barry G. Silverman and Dominic J. Monetta. “ Project Appraisal at the Gas Research Institute: Part II ,” Operations Research: Vol. 41, No 6, Cambridge, MA, November-December 1993, pp1020-1032.
8. Naomi Pena, Edward S. Rubin, Pew Center for Climate Change, Coal Initiative Reports, “ A Trust Fund Approach to Accelerating the Deployment of CCS: Options and Considerations ,” Arlington, VA, January, 2008.
9. “Top priority for technological breakthroughs? Surprise: Four in 10 Americans say ‘fuel efficiency and alternative fuels,’” Ipsos Public Affairs and Fairfax County Economic Development Authority, Apr. 3, 2008.