Mark Twain once wrote: “A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back when it starts to rain.” If utility finance executives aren’t careful, they might...
Securitization, Mach II
Green investments require bulletproof financing.
in the United States 2006 , Energy Information Administration, November 2007, available at: ftp://ftp.eia.doe.gov/pub/oiaf/1605/cdrom/pdf/ggrpt/057306.pdf.
32. For example, the Carbon Financial Instrument traded on the Chicago Climate Exchange (CCX). For more information regarding such instrument, see: http://www.chicagoclimatex.com/.
33. See, for example, the press release regarding the agreement by Sierra Club with Kansas City Power & Light, Mar. 20, 2007 and available at: http://www.sierraclub.org/pressroom/releases/pr2007-03-20.asp.
34. See, for example, “ Emotions High as Sides Collide at Coal-Plant Hearing ,” The Gazette , Jan. 14, 2008.
35. See, for example, the denial by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment of a required air permit for the expansion of an existing coal plant near Holcomb, Kansas.
36. Available at: ftp://ftp.nerc.com/pub/sys/all_updl/docs/pubs/LTRA2007.pdf (herein, the “NERC Reliability Report”).
37. See, Finding 1 of the NERC Reliability Report at p.10.
38. Ibid, p.10.
39. See, Finding 2 of the NERC Reliability Report at p.13.