Since Obama won reelection, we must ask whether we’d rather have EPA cracking down on carbon emissions, or whether a legislated framework would be better for everyone.
Securitization, Mach II
Green investments require bulletproof financing.
in the United States 2006 , Energy Information Administration, November 2007, available at: ftp://ftp.eia.doe.gov/pub/oiaf/1605/cdrom/pdf/ggrpt/057306.pdf.
32. For example, the Carbon Financial Instrument traded on the Chicago Climate Exchange (CCX). For more information regarding such instrument, see: http://www.chicagoclimatex.com/.
33. See, for example, the press release regarding the agreement by Sierra Club with Kansas City Power & Light, Mar. 20, 2007 and available at: http://www.sierraclub.org/pressroom/releases/pr2007-03-20.asp.
34. See, for example, “ Emotions High as Sides Collide at Coal-Plant Hearing ,” The Gazette , Jan. 14, 2008.
35. See, for example, the denial by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment of a required air permit for the expansion of an existing coal plant near Holcomb, Kansas.
36. Available at: ftp://ftp.nerc.com/pub/sys/all_updl/docs/pubs/LTRA2007.pdf (herein, the “NERC Reliability Report”).
37. See, Finding 1 of the NERC Reliability Report at p.10.
38. Ibid, p.10.
39. See, Finding 2 of the NERC Reliability Report at p.13.