You might have thought the Feds closed the book on any broad, region-wide sharing of sunk transmission costs—especially after FERC ruled last spring in Opinion No. 494 that PJM could stick with...
Lighting Up the World
Why electricity is good—and more is better.
22, 2010, Mathew Shane, and BP Statistical Review of World Energy , June 2009.
43. United Nations Environment Programme, Multi billion dollar benefits of global switch to energy-efficient lighting , Dec. 1, 2010.
44. U.S. Department of the Interior, “Greening the Department of the Interior,” Lighting—Light Bulbs , n.d.
45. Keulenaer, Hans De and Grawe, Joachim, “ Can Electricity Save Energy ,” Sustainable Energy for All, AltEnergyMag, August 2006.
46. U.S. Department of Energy, “ Energy Savers, Your Home, Furnaces and Boilers .” Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy , Feb. 9, 2011.
47. International Energy Agency, World Energy Outlook 2010 , p.632.
48. U.S. Department of Energy, “ Federal Financial Interventions and Subsidies in Energy Markets 2007 ,” p.106.
49. Pasternak, Alan, Global Energy Futures and Human Development: A Framework for Analysis , Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, U.S. Department of Energy, October 2000.
50. The World Bank, World Development Indicators 2010 , pp.62-335.
51. See International Energy Agency, “ Energy poverty: The Missing Millennium Development Goal ,” March 1, 2011, and UN Ad Hoc Working Group on Long-Term Cooperative Action Under the Convention Twelfth Session, Tianjin, China, Oct. 4-9, 2010.