Time-of-use (TOU) pricing might seem like the ultimate solution to ensure electric vehicle charging loads won’t overburden the grid. But will TOU rates guide drivers’ behavior when it’s time to...
Lighting Up the World
Why electricity is good—and more is better.
Basic Principles of Healthy Housing , Dec. 8, 2009.
18. Yeager, Kurt, “Electricity Enterprise, U.S., Prospects,” Encyclopedia of Energy Engineering and Technology, Volumes 2-3 , Edited by: Barney Capehart, Taylor & Francis. 2007, p.399.
19. See Bloomberg Businessweek and Angus Maddison .
20. Lacko, Maria, Do Power Consumption Data Tell the Story?—Electricity Intensity and Hidden Economy in Post-Socialist Countries , Institute of Economics, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, March 1999.
21. See E. George Payne, “ Twenty-Five Years of Change ,” Journal of Educational Sociology , American Sociological Association, 1946.
22. TVA Kids, The History of TVA, Before There Were Lights: The Story of Electricity in the U.S. , n.d.
23. Cole, William, The Impact of TVA Upon the Southeast . Social Forces. University of North Carolina Press. 1950. p.435.
24. Flessner, Dave and Wang, Herman, “ Tennessee Valley Authority changed region, providing access to power, economic growth .” TimesFreePress. May 18, 2008.
25. The New York Times , “New Era of Power Revolutionizes Life in the Tennessee Valley,” Nov. 29, 1936, p. RPA2. Retrieved from Proquest Historical Newspapers (1851-2007).
26. Ozark Electric Cooperative, “ Ozark Electric Cooperative History .” n.d.
28. See McCarthy, Charles, TVA and the Tennessee Valley , The Town Planning Review, Liverpool University Press, 1950.
29. Knop, Hans, The Tennessee Valley Authority: A Field Study , International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis. Laxenburg, Austria, June 1979, p.6.
30. Electrifying America, Rural Electrification Act—Impact & Change , n.d.
31. Bowers, Douglas, Cooking Trends Echo Changing Roles of Women , U.S. Department of Agriculture, January-April 2000, p.23.
32. Caro, Robert, Books: LBJ Had a Bright Side and a Dark Side , George Mason University’s History News Network. April 22, 2002.
33. Greenwood, Jeremy, Ananth Seshadri and Mehmet Yorukoglu, “Engines of Liberation,” Economie d’avant garde, Research Report No.2 , July 2002, p.1.
34. The Global Poverty Project, “ Global Poverty Info Bank: Women ,” New York, n.d.
35. Rice University, “ Gender, Energy and Society .” n.d.
36. Gellings, Clark, Increasing Energy Efficiency in Industry through Emerging Electrotechnologies , 2007 American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy Summer Study on Energy Efficiency in Industry, July 24, 2007.
37. Tanaka, Nobuo, Energy in South East Europe . International Energy Agency, Keynote address: Security of Energy Supply in SEE , March 2010.
38. See Power Technology, “ Yuhuan 1,000MW Ultra-Supercritical Pressure Boilers, China ,” and Solar Accessory Store, Grid Management System .
39. See Western Wind Energy, FAQ , and Charles Stoloff, Wind and Solar Resource Assessment of New England, Eastern Connecticut State University, American Solar Energy Society, 2010.
40. Bullis, Kevin, “ A New More Efficient Engine .” Technology Review , Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Aug. 3, 2007.
41. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, “ How does electricity affect the environment? ” Aug. 10, 2009.
42. See Energy Information Administration, Available here, and U.S. Department of Agriculture, Real Historical Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and Growth Rates of GDP , Dec.