If nuclear were subsidized at the same levels as solar and wind, or allowed to contribute to state RPS, nuclear would continue to be highly economical.
The Growing Footprint of Climate Change
Can systems built today cope with tomorrow’s weather extremes?
2. “ 2012 Summer Reliability Assessment – Seasonal Outlook ,” North American Electric Reliability Corp. (NERC) 2012. “ Drought Could Pose Problems for Texas Power Plants .” Galbraith K., The Texas Tribune , Sept. 16, 2011.
3. IPCC, 2012: “Summary for Policymakers,” in “Managing the Risks of Extreme Events and Disasters to Advance Climate Change Adaptation,” A Special Report of Working Groups I and II of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Field, C.B., V. Barros, T.F. Stocker, D. Qin, D.J. Dokken, K.L. Ebi, M.D. Mastrandrea, K.J. Mach, G.-K. Plattner, S.K. Allen, M. Tignor, and P.M. Midgley (eds.), Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, England, and New York, pp. 1-19.
4. IPCC, 2007: “Summary for Policymakers,” in “Climate Change 2007: The Physical Science Basis,” Contribution of Working Group I to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Solomon, S., D. Qin, M. Manning, Z. Chen, M. Marquis, K.B. Averyt, M. Tignor and H.L. Miller (eds.), Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, England and New York.
5. Draft Climate Assessment Report , National Climate Assessment and Development Advisory Committee (NCADAC), 2013.
8. Managing the Risks of Extreme Events and Disasters to Advance Climate Change Adaptation , CB Field, V Barros, T.F. Stocker, D. Qin, D.J. Dokken, K.L. Ebi, M.D. Mastrandrea, K.J. Mach, G.-K. Plattner, S.K. Allen, M. Tignor, and P.M. Midgley (Eds.), Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, 2012, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, England.
10. “The Impact of the 2011 Drought and Beyond,” Combs S., Comptroller of Public Accounts, Publication #96-1704, Austin, Texas, 2012; “ Lessons Learned? How Drought Has Shaped Water Policy in Georgia ,” by Walton B., Circle of Blue, July 02, 2012.
13. Evaluating Sustainability of Projected Water Demands under Future Climate Change Scenarios , prepared by Tetra Tech Inc. for the Natural Resources Defense Council, 2010.
14. Meeting Notes of the State of Illinois Drought Response Task Force , Oct. 17, 2012. “ Power plants releasing hotter water: State issues exemptions; environmentalists worry about fish ,” by Meyer E. and J. Wernau, Chicago Tribune, Aug. 20, 2012.
15. “The Washington Climate Change Impacts Assessment: Evaluating Washington’s Future in a Changing Climate ,” Climate Impacts Group, University of Washington, Seattle, Wash., 2009.
16. “ The Energy-Water Collision ,” Union of Concerned Scientists, Sept. 27, 2012.
17. “Incorporating Stakeholder Decision Support Needs into an Integrated Regional Earth System Model,” by Rice J.S., R.H. Moss, P.J. Runci, K.L. Anderson, and E.L. Malone, Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change 17(7):805-819. DOI: 10.1007/s11027-011-9345-3, 2012.
19. “ Hydraulic Fracturing