The Florida Public Service Commission (PSC) has found that the state's long-distance telecommu-nications market is
sufficiently competitive to permit equal levels of regulation for AT&T...
the case of electric utility mergers.
1. J. Barry, "Divided We Fall," Electric Perspectives, vol. 18, no. 6 at 59 (Nov.-Dec. 1994).
2. See generally, C. Perry, Union Corporate Campaigns (1987).
3. Holding the Line in '89: Lessons of the NYNEX Strike, Labor Resource Center 29 (1991).
4. Daily Labor Report, No. 106 at C-J (June 3, 1996).
5. A number that may shrink to four with the recent approval by the Surface Transportation Board of the merger between Union Pacific and Southern Pacific.
6. IBEW's early recognition of its need to be a player in deregulation is also illustrated by its invitation to FERC Commissioner James J. Hoecker to speak on electric utility restructuring at a May 1996 IBEW meeting.
7. Comments of the IBEW on Notice of Inquiry, FERC Docket No. RM96-6-000 at 15 (filed May 7, 1996).
8. "Con Ed and Union in Talks to Avert a Strike at Midnight," by Steven Greenhouse, The New York Times, p. 22, col. 1, June 22, 1996.
Articles found on this page are available to Internet subscribers only. For more information about obtaining a username and password, please call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-368-5001.