NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF Regulatory Utility Commissioners (NARUC) President Jolynn Barry Butler appointed Maureen O. Helmer, chairman of the New York Public Service Commission, to serve on the...
(em CHEMICAL WEEK, 1974.
• "[F]ailure to exploit nuclear power to the fullest may result in electric power shortages in the decades immediately ahead." (em Dept. Of Commerce Energy Advisory Panel, chaired by Malcolm Pruitt, v.p., Dow Chemical, 1974.
• "The feeling is that we have to get out of natural gas. Electric power will be our future energy." (em Corning Glass executive quoted in the WALL STREET JOURNAL, 1975.
• "All electric melting looks better all the time." (em GLASS WORLD, 1974.
• "Nuclear generation of electricity must continue to expand." (em A National Strategy, committee for Economic Development, whose trustees include executives of Ford, GM, and Chrysler, 1977.
• Henry Ford II said his company postponed plans to enlarge several of its Ohio plants because electric utilities there were having trouble getting new power plants approved and could not guarantee supply. "If ecologists are going to block these kinds of programs, then they will have to take responsibility," 1973.
• "[T]his statement will indicate the sincerity of the steel industry in cooperating with the Federal Energy Administration in the development of its blueprint for achieving energy independence through the use of nuclear power in the 1980s." (em George A. Stinson, chair, National Steel Corp., 1974.
• "We believe nuclear energy, like coal, is a great resource for the future." (em IRON AND STEEL MAKER, 1977.
Articles found on this page are available to Internet subscribers only. For more information about obtaining a username and password, please call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-368-5001.