ABB commissions microgrid on Portuguese island; Panda orders Siemens generating units for 829-MW plant; Burlington Electric Department enters 54-MW PPA with First Wind; Tantalus and Itron contract...
Energy Technology: Winner Take All
- EPRI, "The Western States Power Crisis: Imperatives and Opportunities," June 25, 2001, p. 24.
- Interlaboratory Working Group. 2000. Scenarios for a Clean Energy Future (Oak Ridge, Tenn.; Oak Ridge National Laboratory and Berkeley, Calif.; Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory), ORNL/CON-476 and LBNL-44029, http://enduse.lbl.gov/Projects/CEF.html.
- Lovins, A.B. , Datta E.K. , Feiler T., Rabago K.R., Swisher J.N., Lehmann A., Wicker K. 2002 Small Is Profitable, The Hidden Economic Benefits of Making Electrical Resources the Right Size. www.rmi.org
- Id. at 362-365.
- McKinsey and Co., "The Benefits of Demand-Side Management and Dynamic Pricing Programs," May 1, 2001, p. 2.
- Jewell, R.W. "Natural Gas: What's Going On: The Double Benefits of Energy Efficiency and Conservation," March 18, 2003, estimates a 5 percent reduction in electricity creates a 25 percent decrease in gas demand, or 1.5 TCF. Current research at RMI estimates the reduction to be as high as 2.1 TCF.
- Elliot, N, Shipley, A.M., Nadel, S., Brown E., Petak K., Blustein, J. 2003. "Impacts of Efficiency and Renewable Energy of the Natural Gas Markets," ACEEE. Estimates reduction of natural gas prices by 20 percent, saving $15 billion/year. Higher estimates from unpublished re-search from the Rocky Mountain Institute.
- Lovins, et al., 2002 .
Articles found on this page are available to subscribers only. For more information about obtaining a username and password, please call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-368-5001.