Utility CEOs debate the merits of a retail surcharge to fund clean-tech R&D.
PUHCA Debate - Again
The SEC denies approval of the AEP/CSW merger. What will that mean for industry consolidation?
mystique surrounding the 70-year-old law. It should allow for:
1. Competitive electricity markets;
2. Better flow of energy-more efficient use of limited energy resources;
3. Lower consumer prices as a result of more efficient markets;
4. Improved capital attraction and lower cost to consumers;
5. Utilities as an investment vehicle for Social Security reform (returning utilities to the safe-haven status they traditionally enjoyed); and
6. Enhanced national security.