The wind power industry has been up in arms ever since the Bonneville Power Administration earlier this year announced its Interim Environmental Redispatch and Negative Pricing Policy. That policy...
PUHCA Debate - Again
The SEC denies approval of the AEP/CSW merger. What will that mean for industry consolidation?
mystique surrounding the 70-year-old law. It should allow for:
1. Competitive electricity markets;
2. Better flow of energy-more efficient use of limited energy resources;
3. Lower consumer prices as a result of more efficient markets;
4. Improved capital attraction and lower cost to consumers;
5. Utilities as an investment vehicle for Social Security reform (returning utilities to the safe-haven status they traditionally enjoyed); and
6. Enhanced national security.