Although today microgrids serve a tiny fraction of the market, that share will grow as costs fall. Utilities can benefit if they plan ahead.
Low-Income Reality Check
Evaluating the impact of dynamic pricing.
& Electric. April 28, 2009, p. 18.
6. Impact Evaluation of the California Statewide Pricing Pilot , Charles River Associates, March 16, 2005, p. 9.
7. “2008 Ex Post Load Impact Evaluation for Pacific Gas and Electric Company’s SmartRate Tariff,” Final Report, Dec. 30, 2008, pp. 34-35.
8. “2009 Load Impact Evaluation for Pacific Gas and Electric Company’s Residential SmartRate —Peak Day Pricing and TOU Tariffs and SmartAC Program,” Volume 1: Ex Post Load Impacts, April 1, 2010, p. 35.
9. PowerCentsDC Program Final Report, September 2010, p. 18.
10. This information is also not provided in the related IEE white paper.