Gas Capacity Rights. The New York PSC told retail suppliers that to serve firm retail gas load they must have rights to firm, non-recallable, primary delivery point pipeline...
petroleum fuels or methanol-but the consensus is rapidly shifting to on-board storage. 12
Yet as to the source of this hydrogen for surface transport over the foreseeable future, the consensus appears that packaged natural gas steam reformers would be least costly. They also would offer the lowest "well-to-wheels" CO 2 emissions of any current option, such as water electrolysis with grid power, of which more than half is still generated from coal in the United States.
- Henry R. Linden, "CO 2 Does Not Pollute: But Kyoto's Demise Won't End Debate,", May 15, 2001, pp. 22-28.
- Henry R. Linden, "Let's Focus on Sustainability, Not Kyoto," , March 1999, pp. 56-67.
- Henry R. Linden, "The Bush Plan and Beyond: Toward a More Rational U.S. Energy Policy," , July 1, 2001, pp. 34-41.
- Henry R. Linden, "The United States Can No Longer Stay on the Sidelines in Formulating a Rational Global Climate Change Policy," (Guest Editorial) , , Oct. 2001, pp. 80-84.
- Jesse H. Ausubel, "Does Energy Policy Matter?" , July 20002, pp. 2-6.
- J.T. Houghton, et al, eds., "Climate Change 1995, The Science of Climate Change," Contribution of Working Group I to the Second Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IGPCC), 1996, Cambridge Univ. Press.
- J.T. Houghton, et al, eds., "Climate Change 2001: The Scientific Basis," Contribution of Working Group I to the Third Assess. Report of IGPCC (2001), Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, U.K. and New York.
- "Earth Track," , The Heartland Institute, Chicago, IL, Sept. 2002, pp. 2, 4.
- Bette Hileman, "Web of Interactions Makes It Difficult to Untangle Global Warming Data," , April 27, 1992, pp. 7-14, 16, 18-19.
- Henry R. Linden, "A Comparison of the Performance of Industrial and Developing Countries in Creating Social and Economic Well-Being Through the Prudent Use of Energy Commodities," , Jan./Feb. 2002, pp. 74-83.
- Henry R. Linden, "Pathways to a Sustainable Global Energy System." Presented at the Goddard Engineering Colloquium, Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md, October 6, 1997.
- Henry R. Linden, "Let's Be Rational About Hydrogen as a Vehicular Fuel," , March 15, 2002, pp. 8-9.
- Williams, R.H., Private communication. "Affordable Electricity from Fossil Fuels for Stationary and Mobile Applications, with Near-Zero Pollutant and CO 2 Emissions." Review draft of Princeton University Center for Environmental Studies report dated Jan. 2, 1999.
- Williams, R.H., 1996,"Fuel Cell Decarbonization and Fuel Cell Applications and Sequestration of the Separated CO 2," PU/CEES Report No. 295, Princeton, NJ: Princeton Univ. Center for Energy and Environment Studies.
- "Evaluation of Innovative Fossil Fuel Power Plants with CO 2 Removal," Electric Power Research Institute, Palo Alto, Calif., and U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Fossil Energy, Germantown, Md. and NETL, Pittsburgh, Pa., Interim Report, Document No. 1000316, Dec. 2000.
- "Proton Energy Systems Opens New Connecticut Facility, is Poised for Growth," , Aug. 2002, pp. 4-6.
- Robert H. Williams, "Facilitating Widespread Deployment of Wind and Photovoltaic Technologies," , Spring 2002.
- "Denmark Backing off Wind Power Support," , April 2002. pp. 5-6.
- Yoon I. Chang, "Status of Progress in IFR Development," Paper No. 94-JPG-NE-14, presented at the American Society of