It’s tempting to attribute the recent slowdown in electricity demand growth entirely to the Great Recession, but consumption growth rates have been declining for at least 50 years. The new normal...
Securitization, Mach II
Green investments require bulletproof financing.
in the United States 2006 , Energy Information Administration, November 2007, available at: ftp://ftp.eia.doe.gov/pub/oiaf/1605/cdrom/pdf/ggrpt/057306.pdf.
32. For example, the Carbon Financial Instrument traded on the Chicago Climate Exchange (CCX). For more information regarding such instrument, see: http://www.chicagoclimatex.com/.
33. See, for example, the press release regarding the agreement by Sierra Club with Kansas City Power & Light, Mar. 20, 2007 and available at: http://www.sierraclub.org/pressroom/releases/pr2007-03-20.asp.
34. See, for example, “ Emotions High as Sides Collide at Coal-Plant Hearing ,” The Gazette , Jan. 14, 2008.
35. See, for example, the denial by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment of a required air permit for the expansion of an existing coal plant near Holcomb, Kansas.
36. Available at: ftp://ftp.nerc.com/pub/sys/all_updl/docs/pubs/LTRA2007.pdf (herein, the “NERC Reliability Report”).
37. See, Finding 1 of the NERC Reliability Report at p.10.
38. Ibid, p.10.
39. See, Finding 2 of the NERC Reliability Report at p.13.