The evolution of real-time locational marginal prices (LMP) in PJM Interconnection’s wholesale electricity markets demonstrates the characteristics of a well functioning and competitive market;...
Lighting Up the World
Why electricity is good—and more is better.
Basic Principles of Healthy Housing , Dec. 8, 2009.
18. Yeager, Kurt, “Electricity Enterprise, U.S., Prospects,” Encyclopedia of Energy Engineering and Technology, Volumes 2-3 , Edited by: Barney Capehart, Taylor & Francis. 2007, p.399.
19. See Bloomberg Businessweek and Angus Maddison .
20. Lacko, Maria, Do Power Consumption Data Tell the Story?—Electricity Intensity and Hidden Economy in Post-Socialist Countries , Institute of Economics, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, March 1999.
21. See E. George Payne, “ Twenty-Five Years of Change ,” Journal of Educational Sociology , American Sociological Association, 1946.
22. TVA Kids, The History of TVA, Before There Were Lights: The Story of Electricity in the U.S. , n.d.
23. Cole, William, The Impact of TVA Upon the Southeast . Social Forces. University of North Carolina Press. 1950. p.435.
24. Flessner, Dave and Wang, Herman, “ Tennessee Valley Authority changed region, providing access to power, economic growth .” TimesFreePress. May 18, 2008.
25. The New York Times , “New Era of Power Revolutionizes Life in the Tennessee Valley,” Nov. 29, 1936, p. RPA2. Retrieved from Proquest Historical Newspapers (1851-2007).
26. Ozark Electric Cooperative, “ Ozark Electric Cooperative History .” n.d.
28. See McCarthy, Charles, TVA and the Tennessee Valley , The Town Planning Review, Liverpool University Press, 1950.
29. Knop, Hans, The Tennessee Valley Authority: A Field Study , International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis. Laxenburg, Austria, June 1979, p.6.
30. Electrifying America, Rural Electrification Act—Impact & Change , n.d.
31. Bowers, Douglas, Cooking Trends Echo Changing Roles of Women , U.S. Department of Agriculture, January-April 2000, p.23.
32. Caro, Robert, Books: LBJ Had a Bright Side and a Dark Side , George Mason University’s History News Network. April 22, 2002.
33. Greenwood, Jeremy, Ananth Seshadri and Mehmet Yorukoglu, “Engines of Liberation,” Economie d’avant garde, Research Report No.2 , July 2002, p.1.
34. The Global Poverty Project, “ Global Poverty Info Bank: Women ,” New York, n.d.
35. Rice University, “ Gender, Energy and Society .” n.d.
36. Gellings, Clark, Increasing Energy Efficiency in Industry through Emerging Electrotechnologies , 2007 American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy Summer Study on Energy Efficiency in Industry, July 24, 2007.
37. Tanaka, Nobuo, Energy in South East Europe . International Energy Agency, Keynote address: Security of Energy Supply in SEE , March 2010.
38. See Power Technology, “ Yuhuan 1,000MW Ultra-Supercritical Pressure Boilers, China ,” and Solar Accessory Store, Grid Management System .
39. See Western Wind Energy, FAQ , and Charles Stoloff, Wind and Solar Resource Assessment of New England, Eastern Connecticut State University, American Solar Energy Society, 2010.
40. Bullis, Kevin, “ A New More Efficient Engine .” Technology Review , Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Aug. 3, 2007.
41. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, “ How does electricity affect the environment? ” Aug. 10, 2009.
42. See Energy Information Administration, Available here, and U.S. Department of Agriculture, Real Historical Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and Growth Rates of GDP , Dec.