States’ green energy policies are being used to serve multiple agendas. Lawmakers should revisit their renewable incentive programs to better align them with policy goals. A regional approach will...
Lighting Up the World
Why electricity is good—and more is better.
22, 2010, Mathew Shane, and BP Statistical Review of World Energy , June 2009.
43. United Nations Environment Programme, Multi billion dollar benefits of global switch to energy-efficient lighting , Dec. 1, 2010.
44. U.S. Department of the Interior, “Greening the Department of the Interior,” Lighting—Light Bulbs , n.d.
45. Keulenaer, Hans De and Grawe, Joachim, “ Can Electricity Save Energy ,” Sustainable Energy for All, AltEnergyMag, August 2006.
46. U.S. Department of Energy, “ Energy Savers, Your Home, Furnaces and Boilers .” Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy , Feb. 9, 2011.
47. International Energy Agency, World Energy Outlook 2010 , p.632.
48. U.S. Department of Energy, “ Federal Financial Interventions and Subsidies in Energy Markets 2007 ,” p.106.
49. Pasternak, Alan, Global Energy Futures and Human Development: A Framework for Analysis , Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, U.S. Department of Energy, October 2000.
50. The World Bank, World Development Indicators 2010 , pp.62-335.
51. See International Energy Agency, “ Energy poverty: The Missing Millennium Development Goal ,” March 1, 2011, and UN Ad Hoc Working Group on Long-Term Cooperative Action Under the Convention Twelfth Session, Tianjin, China, Oct. 4-9, 2010.