Lori Burkhart is Editor-in-Chief of Public Utilities Fortnightly.
Almost eight thousand attendees were thrilled to be in Nashville in early March for NRECA's 2022 Annual Meeting, now called PowerXchange. It marked the first in-person Annual Meeting since March 2019 in New Orleans and under the new name.
The jam-packed schedule featured renowned leaders speaking at general sessions, educational breakout sessions, and interactive learning sessions. An added bonus was the gigantic exposition floor, filled with vendors and big machines, as part of the TechAdvantage® experience, for electric co-op engineering, operations, IT, purchasing and supply management professions.
There was a lot to take in, and the PUF team was there, holding roundtables with CEOs from geographically diverse cooperatives on supply chain and broadband issues. There also was a discussion with NRECA CEO Jim Matheson on the topic of Direct Pay. Enjoy these talks, as well as photos of what went on in Music City.
- Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation CEO Buddy Hasten
- Dairyland Power Cooperative CEO Brent Ridge
- Peace River Electric Cooperative CEO Randy Shaw
- Tombigbee Electric Power Association CEO Steve Foshee
- Jo-Carroll Energy CEO Mike Casper
- Mecklenburg Electric Cooperative CEO John Lee