Table of Contents
- The Information We Collect
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- Disclosure of Information.
- Third Party Websites
- Your California Privacy Rights: Notice to California Customers
- Special Information for Nevada Residents
- Your Opt-Out Choices
- Security of Personal Information.
- Retention of Personal Information.
- How to Contact Us
European Union Privacy Information
In this Policy, “personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual.
Individuals from different countries or jurisdictions may have different rights with respect to their personal information. We reserve the ability to limit our response to any request to exercise your rights based on the law that is applicable to you.
1. The Information We Collect
Through the Services, you can, among other activities, order publications and products; sign up for events; subscribe to one of our services, such as magazines or newsletters; or participate in one of our online forums or communities.
Some of the information we request from you is required in order for you to use our Services. If you do not wish to provide such information to us, you are not obligated to, but as a result you may not be able to use the particular Service. However, some of the information we request from you is optional. This means that you can elect not to provide it to us and you will still be able to use the Service. If not all the information we request on a form is required, we may identify the required information to you such as by displaying an asterisk (*) next to the field where we request the required information.
Information you give us about yourself or others: You give information to us directly when, for example, you register for a subscription or newsletter, purchase a product from us, disclose information in response to a survey, apply for a job, or contact our customer service department.
Information we collect automatically: When you interact with our Services, we automatically collect certain information. For example, we collect information about the webpages you view and how you move through our Services, how you reached our Services, how you interact with our social media pages, and how you interact with our email communications.
The following is a listing of the personal information we collect.
- Personal Identifiers:
- Name, phone number, email address, and contact address.
- We collect or create a unique numerical identifier when you use our Services.
- We collect your credit card number (through a service provider) when you complete a transaction. You have the option to store this information as part of your account.
- We or external parties operating on our behalf collect information about the device you use to access our Services, such as your IP address, a device ID, and information about your web browser.
- Commercial Information: When you engage in transactions with us, we create records of goods or services purchased or considered, as well as purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information: We collect information about the websites you came from and to which you are going, ad clicks, search history, and other information regarding your interaction with our websites and applications, such as the duration you stay on a webpage.
- Professional or employment-related information: We collect professional or employment-related information you voluntarily provide.
- Geolocation Data: We collect your IP address automatically when you use our Services, from which we or external parties operating on our behalf may be able to determine your general location. If you are using our app, with your consent, we or our authorized service providers and partners also may use precise geolocation technology such as GPS or Wi-Fi triangulation or mobile Bluetooth beacon technology to collect information about the exact location of your mobile device.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use and/or disclose the information we collect for the following purposes:
Provide the Services:
- Deliver content and fulfill requests for our publications, products, or services, including on our websites and in our apps. For example, when you subscribe to one of our publications or newsletters, we use the information we collect to deliver print issues and fulfill digital subscriptions and newsletters.
- Establish and administer your account, including conducting billing and invoicing, contacting you about the expiry of your subscription and sending you service messages about your subscription. For example, once you are subscribed, we may store your subscription information, including its start date, renewal date, pricing, publication, and any customer service contacts you may have with us.
- Authenticate access to your account. For example, you may provide us with a username and password to get access to your account.
- Perform maintenance and operations, including management of the network and devices supporting the Services and our systems.
- Provide technical support and assure quality of customer service interactions.
- Enable your participation in surveys, contests, and promotions.
Communicate with You:
- Respond to your inquiries.
- Personalize communications.
- Send you service-related announcements, such as to notify you when we make changes to subscriber agreements, to fulfill a request by you for an online newsletter, or to contact you about your account.
Make Improvements to Our Products and Services:
- Identify and develop new products and services.
- Improve the design of our Services.
- Understand how our Services are used, including by creating measurement and analytics reports.
Investigate Theft or Other Illegal Activities and Ensure a Secure Online Environment:
- Detect the unauthorized reception, use, or abuse of the Service.
- Protect you and other subscribers from fraudulent, abusive, unlawful use of, or subscription to, the Service.
- Protect our rights, our personnel, and our property.
- Comply with applicable law.
3. Disclosure of Information
- Publicly: If you choose to submit content (e.g., a “letter to the editor” or an online review), we may publish your name, screen name and other information you have provided to us, which will be public.
- Affiliates: We may transfer information to other Lines Up, Inc. offices for internal management and administrative purposes or where necessary for the performance or conclusion of our contractual obligations to you or for your benefit. We may combine information from the Services together and with other information we obtain from our business records. Additionally, information collected about you from a particular browser or device may be linked to information collected from another computer or device that we believe relates to you.
- Sale or Merger of Business: We may transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any line of business, change in ownership control, or financing transaction. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this Policy.
- Service Providers: We may disclose personal information to our service providers, which are companies that process information on our behalf, without your consent to deliver the Service and conduct business activities. We require the service providers to treat the information we disclose to them, or that they collect on our behalf, as confidential and to use the information only for the purposes for which they have been engaged. The following is a list of categories of our service providers.
- Subscription management and fulfillment providers.
- Billing and collection providers, such as payment processors and organizations that assist us in assessing your credit and payment status.
- Auditing and accounting firms.
- Professional services consultants, such as firms that assist with providing legal services, or supplying project-based resources and assistance.
- Advertising, marketing, and analytics services, including entities that analyze the information we collect from or about you to communicate with and advertise to you.
- Security vendors, such as entities that assist with security incident verification and response, service notifications, and fraud prevention.
- IT vendors, such as entities that assist with website design, hosting, and maintenance, data and software storage, and network operation.
- Production vendors, such a pre-press printing service providers.
There are limited circumstances in which the service provider collects data directly from you when their privacy policies may also apply.
- Authorities: We will disclose information we maintain when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request.
4. Third Party Websites
Our Services provide links to third party websites or offerings where data privacy practices may be different to that of Lines Up, Inc.. The inclusion of any link does not imply our endorsement of any other company, its websites, or its products and/or services. These linked websites or offerings have separate and independent privacy policies, which we recommend you read carefully. We have no control over such websites or offerings and therefore have no responsibility or liability for the manner in which the organizations that operate such linked websites or offerings may collect, use, disclose, or otherwise treat your personal information.
5. Your California Privacy Rights: Notice to California Customers
California Shine the Light: California’s “Shine the Light” law, Civil Code Section 1798.83, requires businesses that disclose personal information to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes to give California customers the ability to opt-out of such disclosure. California Residents may exercise their opt-out right by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”): The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) grants residents of California certain rights with respect to their personal information and requires us to provide such individuals with certain information, as described in this Section.
- Transparency. At the time we collect personal information, you have the right to receive notice of the categories of personal information we collect, and the purposes for which those categories of personal information will be used.
- Access/Right to Know. You have the right to request access to personal information we collected about you and information regarding the source of that personal information, the purposes for which we collect it, and the third parties and service providers with whom we share it. You can make this access request by contacting email@example.com.
- Deletion. You have the right to request that we erase data we have collected from you. Please note that we may have a reason to deny your deletion request or delete data in a more limited way than you anticipated, e.g., because of a legal obligation to retain it or to provide a good or service that you request. You can make this deletion request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also make a CCPA access, deletion or “do not sell” request by emailing email@example.com.
6. Special Information for Nevada Residents
Residents of the State of Nevada have the right to opt out of the sale of certain pieces of their information to other companies who will sell or license their information to others. We disclose contact information to third parties that may want to market products or services to you. To opt-out of such sales, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Your Opt-Out Choices
Verification Procedures: We must verify your identity for everyone’s protection. To do so, we may require you to provide us with verification information prior to accessing any records containing personal information about you. We do this by:
- Asking you to provide personal identifiers we can match against information we may have collected from you previously and confirm your request using the email or telephone number stated in the request; or
- Having you submit your request through your account page (if you are a subscriber), which will automatically verify your identity and will result in faster processing of your request.
If you are a California resident, you may authorize another individual or a business registered with the California Secretary of State, called an authorized agent, to make requests on your behalf. If we receive a request from an authorized agent, we require that the authorized agent verify its identity with us, that you verify your identity with us, and that you provide us with proof that you authorized the authorized agent in writing to make the request.
We will use the information you provide for verification only for the purpose of verification. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to respond to your request, or respond to it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
Your Account and Payment Information: If you are a print subscriber, please contact email@example.com to update your contact information and payment method.
Marketing and Other Communications:
- If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving future email marketing or e-newsletters from Lines Up, Inc., please use the unsubscribe link that appears at the bottom of our emails.
- If you prefer not to receive traditional mail or other offline promotions from Lines Up, Inc., please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that even if you opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may continue to send you transactional communications about your subscription or orders.
8. Security of Personal Information
We have put in place administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security and correctly use the information we collect. No system can be completely secure, however, and we do not guarantee that unauthorized disclosures and access will not happen.
9. Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information while you have an account with us and thereafter for as long as we have a legitimate need to retain it. Thereafter, we will either delete your personal information or de-identify it so that it is anonymous and not attributed to your identity.
11. How to Contact Us