Steve Mitnick is President of Lines Up, Inc., Editor-in-Chief of Public Utilities Fortnightly and author of “Lines Down: How We Pay, Use, Value Grid Electricity Amid the Storm.”
It was quite a show, the IllumiNation Energy Summit in Columbus.
AEP, Battelle, Ohio State University and Smart Columbus took over a chunk of the cavernous Columbus convention center for a couple of days in May.
Aside from hearing from panels of experts talking electrification, attendees from across the industry could take the Home & Mobility Tour and the Advanced Energy Applications Tour. They checked out the latest from ABB, ChargePoint, GE, Honda, Itron, Lockheed, Siemens, etc., and took the tours through engaging exhibits in this theme park of electricity's future.
Fortnightly Smartest Communities conversations:
- Jackie Sargent, General Manager, Austin Energy
- Andrew Ginther, Columbus Mayor
- Nick Akins, CEO, AEP
- Alex Fischer, CEO, Columbus Partnership
- Mark Patton, Vice President, Smart Columbus, The Columbus Partnership
- Jordan Davis, Director, Smart Columbus, The Columbus Partnership
- Mike Stevens, Chief Innovation Officer, Columbus
- Photos: IllumiNation Energy Summit
- Kimberly Britton, CEO, EPIcenter, San Antonio
- David Condon, Spokane Mayor
- Heather Rosentrater, VP, Energy Delivery, Avista
- Sharelynn Moore, SVP - Networked Solutions, Itron